Sign in or
How to play Quidditch
InstructionsQuidditch is a sport in the wizarding world where people fly on broomsticks and try to score goals by throwing the bludger into the other teams goal, which earns 10 points. The game ends when one of the seekers catch the golden snitch, which earns them 150 points.
- BEFORE YOU START QUIDDITCH
1. Make sure all of your Quidditch characters have bought a broom from Quality Quidditch Supplies. Learn more on how to buy items and use your character belts.
2. If you want to be on a Quidditch team, first see if there are any open spots left, then ask a staff member to join the team. If there are no open spots, your character will be a substitute player and will take the next available spot (unless someone else is a substitute before you).
- PLAYING QUIDDITCH
1. A thread will be created by a moderator which sets up the Quidditch match which is occurring. You can view game links and other information here.
2. Visit the Quidditch Scoreboard and there will be a bar representing the current score of the game, as well as a box. An example of the box is seen below:
|Gryffindor vs. Slytherin|
|Reply #1||Thread Created|
3. Whichever Chaser, Beater, Keeper, or Seeker replies to the correct post number with their title next to it, then they will earn points by posting a thread reply.
4a. For example, if one of the Chasers (in either team) is the 3rd reply (because it says CHASER next to it) then that Chaser can score a goal by you simply replying that your Chaser scored a goal. However, the Keeper can block the quaffle if they reply right after you. As a reply, you would say something like "Sally flew straight towards the goals and threw the quaffle as hard as he could."
4b. If one of the Keepers (in either team) is the 4th reply (because it says KEEPER next to it) then that Keeper can block a quaffle that is thrown. The Keeper can block the quaffle only after the Chaser has replied to their correct spot (in this case, reply #3). As a reply, you would say something like "Bob saw a quaffle coming in from the corner of his eye and flew straight towards the last goal and knocked quaffle away with his bare hands."
4c. If one of the Beaters (in either team) is the 7th reply (because it says BEATER next to it) then that Beater can swing a bludger towards any player (any user's character) which causes the user to be eliminated from the game (Eliminated means you can't reply to the thread anymore! Your player is hurt!). As a reply, you would say something like "Tim swung his beater bat with might and sent a bludger towards Pam, knocking her off her broom." Pam would be eliminated from the game and the user cannot reply as Pam anymore.
4d. If one of the Keepers (in either team) is the 10th reply (because it says SEEKER next to it) then that Seeker can catch the golden snitch. As a reply, you would say something like "Jake was right behind the other Seeker and quickly maneuvered right over her and dove for the snitch. He fell hard on the ground, but the snitch was in his hands and he has ended the game."
5. In replies #2, 5, 6, 8 & 9, there is nothing there. That means that players (or fans) can do any type of role playing, but cannot score goals, catch the snitch etc. As a reply, you would say something like "Linda went to go find the quaffle somewhere in the sky." or "Nathan was looking for any bludgers that were near."
6. The game ends whichever Seeker replies to their correct post and catches the snitch. The chart below shows how much each teammate can earn points for their team:
SCORE CHART Chasers by scoring a goal with a quaffle. 10 Points Beaters by knocking someone off their broom with a bludger. 15 Points Keepers by defending a goal after the chaser throws it. 20 Points Seekers by catching the golden snitch. 150 Points
Have questions? Ask in a thread below!
Latest page update: made by BrandonE
, Jan 14 2011, 8:49 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BrandonE
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.